Thursday, May 5

A "Sign" That I Feel Thankful For


Something extraordinary happen today.

Yes, at first I was excited about the cooking lesson. Was excited of what I'm gonna learn to cook new dishes. But it turns out that at the very last minute, when I was at Gloucestershire College, the class was canceled because not many people show up. That time I was slightly disappointed.

After a walk in the park in Cheltenham and a nice Wether's Original milkshake (it taste really really good), I decided to go for the SGI-UK planning meeting. Before that, I couldn't attend because I was supposed to go for cooking lesson. Since the cooking lesson was canceled, I might as well go for the SGI-UK planning meeting to fill up my time instead of going back home and being with my laptop in bed.

I attended the meeting and it was truly a wonderful conversation with leaders and members. I chanted whole heartedly with full of fate and hope. After the meeting, one of my senior sent me back home.

On the way back home, we had an engaging conversation which is related to my future. As in what I'm gonna do after studies etc. We still keep on going with this conversation right in front of my house. My senior gave me useful advice about my future career that I always hope for. Advising me to have determination to go for any related possibilities that are available. It was truly an inspiring conversation I've ever had. It gives me the sense of realization and motivation.Yes, I aim for my future dream career but for now I have to focus on my studies and dissertation first.

To me, I think I was given some sort of a "sign". Yes, I was disappointed that the cooking class was cancelled. Then again, this led me to attend the meeting and have a truly inspiring conversation with members and leaders. I feel thankful about it. I truly am. The word "determination" is kept in my thoughts and I'm gearing towards what I want to do.


Summer is coming. The English roses are welcoming the season while the sun is shining. A lovely weather. While I'm busy doing my dissertation, I'll be visiting my juniors in Liverpool during summer. Also, I will also be doing some traveling when I'm free. Looking forward to this summer. =)

-lu yin-