Monday, May 2

Gnomeo and Juliet

The cute romantic version of Romeo and Juliet. Well, with gnomes of course.


Remember when during our either school and/or college days? One of those year we learn about the good ole' Shakespeare's tragic love story, Romeo and Juliet.

I used to have that during my drama class in the college days. We act with the modern English, not the traditional English. I read the traditional English one once and it's a bit confusing. I mean with the old terms like thy, thou etc.

It's basically two of the families are against each other. Both Romeo and Juliet love each other. Then, the ups and downs come like someone died or even father refuse Juliet to see Romeo and so on. I find it sad and touching while reading the play of Romeo and Juliet.


For Gnomeo and Juliet, it's different. Aren't they adorable? XD Sometimes, I do feel excited when Gnomeo and Juliet are together. Not to mention, for Gnomeo, he's just handsome especially with his slight of British accent. The overall plot is similar but the end is different. Guess what it is?

I believe this movie is aim for families including the children so that they could understand how the actual story goes. This movie was made in an entertaining way. As usual, we do love happy endings of every single fairy tale movie we watch. Yes, some parts of the movie are very amusing especially the cute little ones like the mushroom, little gnomes, and little rabbits.

For this movie, I give 8/10.

-lu yin-