Thursday, May 19

The Beginning of Barcelona Trip

Before I left to Barcelona, I stayed over at the 007 Travelers Hostel in Bristol which cost 15 pounds for one night.



Took the RyanAir to Barcelona. Bye bye UK.


Had my simple brunch.

By the time I reach the Girona airport, I waited for my friend to arrive from Newcastle. Suddenly, it turns out she miss her flight because of the bus service problem. Therefore, I was on my own, with my aching left foot, in Barcelona.


Took the metro train to the Barcelona Urbany Hostel for 3 nights. All together cost 76 pounds for 3 nights.


After having a nice shower and relaxing for a while, it's time to explore a bit for half of that day itself. It really is the perfect weather.


Like I said, I use public transport like the metro to the places I wanted to go. I bought the 4 day travel ticket which cost only 31 euros to use any bus or train within Barcelona.

I reached Barceloneta and there it is.....


Port Vell.


Had my first local meal, Seafood Paella for lunch and dinner by the port.

Then, I continue on to walk along the port while taking more photos.




Next stop.....Espanya.


I had a nice mug of beer to quench my thirst before continuing my journey.


I entered to this very building which leads me to....


the shopping heaven. XD I would come here for my 2nd visit just to window shopping this whole area.

Then, I move to the terrace, the very highest floor, where I'm standing to see the whole view of the Espanya area.



I waited around Espanya till the late evening. The reason is because there is the Magic Fountain which has light and music. It happens every weekend between 9.30 - 11.30pm from October to May. However, during that evening, it suddenly rain heavily. Even worse I had to go around because there is the car event. Keep on walking while my left foot is aching.

In the end, I had reached my destination and I was amazed with the Magic Fountain. Even though the rain continue on until I was soaking wet, I still continue to take pictures and videos of the Magic Fountain to end my day.


This is just the beginning of my Barcelona trip.

There is more to come about my eye-opening and inspiring things that I see throughout my whole trip. Wait for it.

-lu yin-