Friday, May 20

Barcelona Trip Day 2 (15/5/11)

Another great day to walk around the other parts of Barcelona.

First stop to visit was Park Guell. Just so you know, I was walking with my flip flops because I still have my left sore foot.

Anyway, back to my walking around Barcelona story. There's "entertainment" in the train where you normally hear local songs.


I was in Park Guell. This is where I start off looking at the wonderful design and architecture by Gaudi himself.






Truly a mesmerizing architecture. It's not only this but there's even more of Gaudi's works. That will be the next time when I talk about this in my next blog post.

After looking around Park Guell, I decided to move on to my next destination, Castle MontJuic, which I was supposed to go on the 1st day of my trip but it was raining.


I took the cable car up to Castle MontJuic.


Had a light lunch before continuing my walk around the castle. Chicken Puff Pastry and freshly squeezed Orange Juice

On this very castle itself, I get to see the whole view of Barcelona city and port by the sea.



After seeing the wonderful view of Barcelona, I decided to go to Catalunya and La Rambla which my friend recommend me to go.


Now, in Catalunya Square or any part of Barcelona, you have to be careful with the gypsies, because they will pickpocket your personal belonging. When I was there, I was taking pictures. Suddenly, two gypsies came from behind and walk past me. It's like they came out of no where and it's like ghosts just past by me. It was really scary. Anyway, at least my personal belongings are safe and sound.

This is La Rambla where you can walk along this path. Rows of shops and cafes along the way. You can also admire some paintings and buy some souvenirs.


Had my first Sangria Wine by the cafe while enjoying the sunny weather.


I walk till the very end of La Rambla and I see another port with boats.


Ah yes, the seagulls, the annoying natural alarm clock which wakes me up early in the morning during my last year summer semester course.


I went to another port which is called Port Olympic.


From there, you reach the beach where you can enjoy the sun with your friends and family. Either you want to sun bathing, play beach volleyball, or play near the sea. Too bad I didn't have the time to do so because my main purpose to come to Barcelona was to go for sightseeing and enjoy the local food.


I end my night with some Tapas with my new friend. Had dinner at Tapas Gaudi. Tapas is actually side dishes which you can choose from. Most of them are fresh seafood like octopus and anchovies. The good thing about Tapas is that you can choose a lot of varieties as you want. Also, you can share with your friends while enjoying Tapas. Don't forget to order Sangria wine. XD



Anchovies


Chicken Croquettes


Spicy Sausages


Octopus on Potatoes


Grilled Mushrooms

However, the Tapas at Tapas Gaudi are too salty. Sangria Wine is too sweet. Because of that, I have to drink water continuously even I continue drinking at the hostel till I go to sleep. The price is too expensive like the Octopus on Potatoes cost 10 euros. So, I wouldn't recommend to come and have a go at this place.

I will recommend the best place to have Tapas. This I will tell you in my next blog post.


I end my night with watching the view of Torre right outside the window while there is a full moon and fireworks.

Stay tuned for Barcelona Trip Day 3.

-lu yin-