Sunday, April 24

Long Break (Part 4)

After my family went back to Malaysia, I went over to the North East England.

Met up with my friend, Alicia, in Middlesbrough.

I call this trip: DNW trip aka Durham - Newcastle - Whitby Trip

Before that, meet my new friend, Nessie from Highlands, Scotland. ^ ^ Isn't he adorable?

Durham

At first, we wanted to visit Hall Hill Farm where there are lot of farm animals. But the problem is we realized that there is absolutely no transport to our destination even though this farm is well known visited by transport. Silly, right. Being a must see destination when there is no public transport. We end up at Langsley Park (in the middle of no where) and decided to head back to town.

We just walk around town and window shopping.

Even have a look at the cathedral.


One of my friend, Nadiah, told me this: When there's a cathedral in an area, that area is a city. To be honest, that is quite true. Like Gloucester, that place also has a cathedral. Unlike my area, Cheltenham, there isn't one. And when it's a city, there's a lot of good shops especially when it comes to clothes and accessories.

By the way, this is Alicia.

Yup, that's me. As you can see, my face is getting chubbier. I also gain a lil' bit of weight. Haihz.

At Durham was okay but too bad we couldn't visit the cute farm animals in Hall Hill Farm.

Newcastle

Was there only the late evening because my friend was having group assignment. I was just there for window shopping and had Chinese food at Cheeky Duck, China Town.

I didn't expect the WonTon Soup to be this big because I thought it would be just a small bowl. But, I end up having a big one with noodles. @ @

I'll come and explore Newcastle again during the summer cause I heard there are wonderful things to see other than just shopping.

Whitby

The best place which I visited during this trip. Why?

Fish & Chips

Whitby Abbey

The view of Whitby. Too bad is foggy that time.

Not to mention, shops which sells trinkets, accessories, sweets, and all that you could think of.

I'll definitely visit again during the summer especially Whitby beach.

Thank you, Alicia for showing me around these area.

That's the end of my trip, 2 -3 weeks long.

I'm back home getting myself back into assignment mode. But at the same time, as many others would say: there is a need of balance between work and/or study with leisure.

-lu yin-