Friday, April 22

Long Break (Part 1)

After hectic assignments of last semester, I finally get to spend my 2 week breaks. One is most importantly my family and another one visiting my friend in the part of North East England.

On the very 1st day of visiting my family (after presentation), I had dinner at Prezzo with my family.

2nd day: Brought my family around Cheltenham and Gloucester.

3rd & 4th Day: Cambridge for a few days. I really love the place including seeing the wonderful structures of universities.

By the park....

...and by the river.

Thumbs up to Harry's Bed & Breakfast for the warmth of comfort and food (yummy English breakfast).

6th day: Went to Stratford, the birthplace of William Shakespeare

Had ice cream on a sunny day.

Visit Oxford. FYI. Cambridge is way better than Oxford.

We had Thai food for dinner after a tiresome trip.

7th day: They all head off to Edinburgh while I'm was still in Cheltenham to attend a 2 full day class on MA Project (compulsory)

8th day: After class, rush to Edinburgh by train. 5 - 6 hours journey.

Finally, reach Castleview Guest House. Slept throughout the night to power up my energy for the Highlands trip.

9th day: Loch Lomond. Weather was quite bad and couldn't get good pictures.


10th day: From Loch Lomond. The weather was getting better and we get the chance to take pictures by the lake.

The owner of the Culag Lakeside house is kind.


Drove to Inverness. By the time we reached there, the view was amazing~ I felt like I was floating in the air.

And I do love the fresh seafood.

11th day: Said goodbye to Inverness.....

...and hello and goodnight to Edinburgh.

12th day: An early morning flight to London. I can't believe hand bag is considered to be a hand carry bag. One person can only bring one hand carry bag to the plane. So, I have to stuff my hand bag to my mom's hand carry bag. Troublesome. = =

Was totally tired on that day.

Wait for Part 2 about London.

-lu yin-