Sunday, May 30

What to Do on the 1st Day in Liverpool? (28/5/10)

Well, as the previous post said: I’ve have reach Manchester. Hello~~~ UK~~~~ =)

Got through the immigration and get the visa. Get the luggages.

Waiting for the coach buses to arrive.

Went outside the airport and it was a nice weather with the feel of aircon. Let’s say around 10 celcius.

Stuff the luggages in to the buses.

Off we go, to Atlantic Point, Liverpool.

By the way, Atlantic Point is like hostel which we are gonna stay for 3 months.

It’s a 45 minute journey to Liverpool.

This guy is Vijay. He welcomes us to UK and tells about the welcome pack and several things we needed to do while we are in UK.

During the journey, I took some wonderful countryside views. It’s really amazing views which are breathtaking.

Reached Liverpool.

There's SUBWAY.This is Atlantic Point.

Get the keys and we all settle down with our own rooms. We all got our welcome packs which include details about the induction and activities, sim card, SUBWAY voucher (free XD), and others.

Activated my sim card which only has 50p. = = Really need to reload it and let my family know about my new number.

So, here’s the thing, no Internet connection and no $$$ inside the sim card. Therefore, no way of letting my family and friends in Malaysia until everything is back to normal. @ @

After unpacking all my stuffs from the luggages, took a nice warm shower (before I try to figure out how to on until I manage to on it @ @). Feel refreshing after shower.

This is my room.

My own bathroom.

After settling down, I took a walk and enjoy the breeze.

Around lunch time, I decided to drop by at Dian’s place and see how she’s doing.

We lepak around until we hungry already.

First lunch, Maggi Mee XD

Made new friends.

Dian - Janice

Me - Hui Kuan

Enjoying Maggi Mee XD

Then, we all decided to shop for necessities which are for the kitchen, bathroom, and our own personal stuff like food and others.

We walk and find Tesco. Took a few pictures of the UK houses and amazing path down the lane. Look like it's sunny but it's a but windy and cold.

Especially museums which we are planning to go the next day.

Buy necessities stuff before enjoying.

We reach the centre of Liverpool where there’s a lot of shops. It’s busy. People even not wearing warm clothings but wearing sleeveless like singlet and spaghetti straps and short pants. I mean the wind is cold and they can take it. Of course, they have been living in the UK for so long. I’ll get use to the weather after many days but for now, jackets to endure the cold wind.

Went to 99p store which all the stuff cost 99p.

The tall tower is the Radio City Tower.

Went to Tesco also.

Well, I would say the stuff that we need is quite reasonable. So, go to these kinds of stores to buy your necessities.

Bought a lot of stuff and have to walk all the way back to Atlantic Point.

In front of Clayton Square

Went back to their apartment and relax.

Surprisingly, I open the water and suddenly the water starts to sizzle and spray and wet the counter. Turns out it’s not mineral water but something like soda water and it’s kindda tasteless. = =

During the evening, Dian was not feeling well. Told her to get some rest.

So, it’s just me, Janice, and Fung Kuen went out to look for food.

The McD here in UK is way better than in Malaysia but too bad don't have McPork. If got, I definitely wanna try that.

We all kindda roughly know what is where in Liverpool. Like I say, we’ll get use to it after many days.

Also, here in UK, since it’s summer. Morning is long while night is short. So, 4am sunrise and 9m sunset. Wow, love it.

Went back to Atlantic Point. Finally, we can get some sleep. Before sleeping, I borrow Janice’s phone to send an SMS to my mom to let her know I’m fine. I do not want my mom including others back home in Malaysia to worry.

It’s a great first day and also enough time for us to settle down in Liverpool even though there’s no Internet connection and not enough credit in our new phone number in UK.

The next post would probably be the fun fun fun around Liverpool. Wait for it. ; )

-lu yin-