Sunday, October 30

Jungfrau, Switzerland (20/9/11)

On a lovely sunny day, I went up to Jungfrau which is one of the Swiss Alps. While heading to the train station, I was taking some houses which looks really homey.

At the train station, while waiting for the train, I can see the snow from here. I can't wait to get up there and enjoy the snow view.
It took about an hour to reach Jungfrau but the train stop at a few stops.
On the bright side, we got some got pictures including the ones with snow.
We transited to another train to get to Jungfrau.
Going even higher and higher.
Look at the snowy mountains. Isn't it amazing?
Finally, we had reach Jungfrau and look at the snow.

Our first stop is visiting the Snow Cave which has ice sculptures.
It's the squirrel from Ice Age. ^ ^
Hello, Jungfrau. I'm here.
Cute little penguins
Then, the highlight of being in Jungfrau is to get out, enjoy the snowy mountains, feel like we are in winter wonderland, and take photos.
We had our lunch at a nearby cafe to fill our tummies.

Then, we continue to go other parts of area in Jungfrau.
I checked out the Swiss watches which is very very expensive. Even I myself couldn't afford to buy these good quality Swiss watches.

The last one was tiring and challenging. All of us were walking along the snow mountains to the end point which has some kind of cafe. Apparently, at the end there's another nice view at the other side of the snowy mountains.
The thing is this. Even though everywhere we see are snow, but it's so hot because of the sun shining so bright. It's so hot that I have to take out my gloves, vest, jacket, and scarf. All that's left is just my sweater and I still feel hot. OMG. See what I mean.
It took about 40 minutes to reach our destination while we were like walking slowly, stop and rest for a while then continue, and breathing slowly. Some of us were walking fast while others were walking slowly. While walking I feel my blood was pumping like crazy especially at my neck.

Reach to the final point. Finally. But to be honest, I was quite disappointed with this view.
All that I know is that I am still alive.

Then, we all have to walk back and do the same scenario.

FYI, I was there. XD
After that, we have to head back down to the camping grounds because we have to be back in the evening for dinner. However, I waited for Da Hee and Flora as they haven't reached to the meetup point where we set before we go to the train station. So, Laura and Alvaro went on ahead to the train station while I waited. When Da Hee and Flora came, we rushed to the train station and finally met up with Laura and Alvaro. Got on the train and we were so exhausted. Not only that, I got a slight sun burn on my cheeks.

After resting our tiring legs during the whole train journey, we stopped by at a nearby store to get some Swiss chocolates. Did you know that Lindt chocolate, which is my favourite one, is originally made in Switzerland? There are a lot of variety of Lindt chocolate products. So far, my favourites are Dark Chocolate and the Chocolate Mousse inside the Chocolate. Then, we continue back to the camping grounds.

We were so exhausted and all we can think about is food. We had nice warm food including Apple Strudel.
This is Apple Strudel with Custard Cream and Berries for dessert.
That was the end of the day Switzerland.

The next day, we said goodbye to Switzerland and go for another long journey to the next destination.
I had already fell in love with Switzerland because of the wonderful snow view. It's as if that I am in the Winter Wonderland. When I earn enough salary or when I retired, I would love to come and visit Switzerland again. Even though it was tiring, especially the hot sun shining crazily while there's snow everywhere in the Swiss Alps, I still find that this is one of my awesome challenges (aka experiences) which I will never ever forget. It's tiring but I enjoyed it.

-lu yin-